Friday, December 12, 2014

Abiding Wealth: What feelings and needs have to do with happiness

Happy s a feellng. We experience this feeling when our needs are being met. When our needs are not being met, we might experience feelings like frustration, sadness, or regret.

Needs and Values are similar and guide us toward happiness

Needs are Universal, by this I mean all people have them, no matter where they live, how old (or young) they are, or what the balance is in their checking account. Needs can also be thought of as values or things that are important to us. Examples of needs/values include peace, food, respect, companionship, and trust.

We feel happy when our needs are being met. That is, when some need of mine is being experienced or fulfilled, such as being accepted I'm happy.


Reaching past happy-into ecstacy

Ecstacy is a really big happy and happens when our needs are met and then some. We are "over the top" happy when we are ecstatic. This can be during sex and orgasm or in our daily lives when we experience success or love in a big way.

I've noticed when I get in bed and have more than 9 hours to rest and sleep I can't stop giggling-it makes me so happy to have that spaciousness and time to rest! Is there something that makes you giggle with happiness, if so, post what it is below, so we can all share in the delight and perhaps even learn from each other!

1 comment:

  1. A cup of tea, my dogs on the bed, and great book is my type of ecstacy:)

    ReplyDelete